Globethics.net is a global network of teachers and institutions with the vision to embed ethics in higher education. We strive for a world in which people, and especially leaders are educated in, informed by and act according to ethical values and thus contribute to building sustainable, just and peaceful societies.
The founding conviction of Globethics.net is that having equal access to knowledge resources in the field of applied ethics enables individuals and institutions from developing and transition economies to become more visible and audible in the global discourse.
In order to ensure access to knowledge resources in applied ethics, Globethics.net has developed four resources:
- Globethics.net Library, www.globethics.net/library, the leading global digital library on ethics with over 4 million documents and specially curated content;
- Globethics.net Publications, www.globethics.net/publications, a publishing house open to all the authors interested in applied ethics and with over 150 publications in 14 series;
- Globethics.net Academy, www.globethics.net/globethics-academy, with online and offline courses and training for all on ethics both as a subject and within specific sectors; and
- Globethics.net Network, www.globethics.net/network/networks-home, a global network made of experts and institutions to exchange organised in to specialised interest.
There is no cost involved in using the Globethics.net Library and the majority of Globethics.net publications are available for download free of charge.
Our team at the head office in Geneva, Switzerland works closely together with our academic and network partners and especially with the nine Globethics.net regional programmes in China, East Africa, Southern Africa, Turkey, Russia, South America, India, Indonesia and the Philippines, with over 30 National Contacts and with around 200 partner organisations.
Globethics.net's vision is "Ethics in Higher Education" and our mission is to apply Ethics in Higher Education through:
E Empowerment developing talents
T Transformation placing common good before self-interest
H Holistic approach understanding of in-depth correlations
I Integrity making values-based decisions and behaviours
C Competence focusing on innovative and collective proficiency
S Sustainability standing up for one world
- We empower teachers in higher education through teacher training, research, course development and collaborative projects
- We support institutions in their efforts to introduce ethical behaviour in higher education institutions and support the integration of relevant and contextual standards and structures
- We provide professions with educational materials adapted to their profession to grow a deeper understanding of ethics in their context (for them to use to practice ethics)
- We encourage students to behave ethically, showing them best practices of individuals, companies and organizations that have become successful by following ethical standards and principles and
- We contribute to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Globethics.net's core values are:
Responsibility: responsible decisions and actions in private, professional and public life
Quality first: our priority is to serve our target groups with excellence in all of our activities
Teamwork: we combine talents and resources for best solutions and operational excellency
Respect: we respect the dignity of every person
Trust: is the basis for cooperation with our partners
Contextualisation: we translate vision, mission and values into the cultural context
Inclusion/Fairness: we work to overcome exclusion and to recognise equality, justice and fairness for all.