Historical framework of our organization
Integrated youth empowerment centre. (IYEC). It is an organization in Cameroon with its head quarter in Limbe. This organization has an 11 years experience in developmental projects, peace building and human right programs. IYEC was founded in November 2003 and was authorized by the Government of Cameroon in December 2009 with registration No SCN/GP/038/09/6573. IYEC have been granted United Nation accreditation (special consultative status with ECOSOC). IYEC stems from the vision of the founder and executive Director - Tabemonso Elsie Bessem and has been shaped overtime with invaluable in sights and efforts from Human right expert, Conflict and peace building expert, Gender expert, logistics manager, operation managers, community relay agents, project managers, agronomist and experts in many other fields from all over the world. Over the past 11 years, IYEC cameroon has provided assistance in peace building, human right promotion and protection, community development, health care; hygiene and sanitation, gender empowerment and wealth creation. We look forward to leveraging our experience and networks to create much more relevant and impactful change in our communities.
Integrated Youth Empowerment Center (IYEC Cameroon) collaborates with Cameroon National Youth Council (CNYC) south west region, to mobilize youths, fight against unemployment, create awareness on job opportunities, health care, ,trainings youths on peace building, human right promotion and protection, youth civic engagement and good governance. These are done in partnership with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Civic Education. Worthy of note is the fact that the Executive Director of IYEC is the Secretary General of CNYC in Fako division. IYEC is also a member of the Cameroon network of human right organization (CNHRO-RECOH).
IYEC is guided and govern by its core value which account for its unique success such as reliability, responsiveness, accountability, competence, transparency, peace and security.
IYEC Cameroon Vision
A reference center for concerted peace building, human right promotion and protection for youths, women and vulnerable children.
Strength of IYEC Cameroon
- IYEC have value added partners like the U S Embassy Cameroon, British High Commission, Cameroon, World Bank, IRESCO $ AEDES, South west regional fund for health promotion etc,that contribute to the success of the organization
- IYEC have qualified staff and volunteers that work effectively and efficiently for the success of the organization
- The office of IYEC is at the center of the town where information on conflict and human right violation is easily reported by its community resource personnel’s.
- IYEC is a learning organization and has many networking potential
- IYEC uses total quality management approach as a best practise to manage her organization
Staff strength of IYEC Cameroon
IYEC Cameroon has a team of qualified expert both internal and external who work effectively and efficiently with the most value added unique qualities such as the eagerness to produce, creativity, ingenuity, correctness and quality in decision making, problem solving abilities, good in ethics and professionalism, resilient $ pursuit, robustness, design abilities, analytical abilities, complexity and abstraction, technology savvy, contemporaneous, knowledge engineering and total quality project management.
As a result of this unique qualities and hard work to improve lives in the community the Gender and women empowerment officer was a winner of the 2016 Cameroon women scholarship Award funded by the British high commission for Cameroon to finance her MBA in project management in order for her to come out with sustainable livelihood projects that will improve the community after her school.
IYEC Cameroon is a member of the following Networks
- Cameroon Network of Human Right Organizations (CNHRO-RECODH)
- National Engagement Strategy on Land Governance (NES)
- Cameroon National Youth Council (CNYC)
Partners of IYEC Cameroon
- United Nation office New York (U.S.A) and Geneva (Switzerland) ECOSOC.
- US Embassy Cameroon
- Association of Collective Pease in Sri lanka
- British High Commission Cameroon
- South west regional fund for health promotion
- African Development Association (ADA)
- Global forum for the defense of human right Cameroon
- AEDES/ IRESCO consortium
The purpose of agence Européen pour le Développement et la santé (AEDES) and institude research, socioeconomic et développement (IRESCO) is to ameliorate the health status of the population of Cameroon especially mothers, fathers and children. To also empower all type of health facilities (government and private) base on how much work they are doing for the people in the communities.
- The WORLD BANK through the fund holder AEDES/IRESCO consortium is funding IYEC Cameroon with the sum of six million France C.F.A. ever year to carry out house hold survey in the community for the period of 3 years which is the first phase of the project.
- Ministry of public health
- Ministry of agriculture and rural development
- Ministry of environment, protection of nature and sustainable development of natural resource
- Ministry of the women empowerment and the family.
- Ministry of youth affairs and civic education
- Prolife Aids league
- AEDES: agence Eurpopeenme pour la Development et la santé (france)
- IRESCO: institude de research socio –Economic et developpement (Yaounde)
- CAJAD: centre for assistance to justice and animation for development
IYEC Cameroon has an international partnership with an NGO called Collective Peace in Sri Lanka. Under this partnership both organization work to promote and protect human right in the world especially the Tamil situation in Sri lanka. Also under this partnership IYEC Cameroon used her ECOSOC status to designate the director of the NGO Mohanry mariyatas as IYEC MAIN REPRESENTATIVE in UN branch office in Geneva Switzerland to carry out action on UN mechanism and fight for the right of the people of Sri lanka. The MAIN representative is also responsible in networking and linking IYEC Cameroon to partners abroad (Africa union, UN Geneva, European parliament and NGO around the world).